Just when you thought you had experienced the best camp ever, we made it better! This year’s Camp has more of everything and serious opportunity to connect with God in a real way! Nothing brings you closer to your friends and God than a week in the sun at Camp. Try it out and remember that there’s always a spot for your friends.
Dates: June 24th-28th
Speaker: Jayme Montera
Pick up your Camp Application at Transit at the Source or at the Events Counter!
2013 Transit Summer Camp Information
Moving Students Forward
WHEN IS CAMP?
· We are leaving Chapelhill at 9:00AM on Monday, June 24, 2013.
· We will be returning to Chapelhill at about 11:00AM on Friday June 28, 2013.
· Please be on time so that we can leave promptly.
· All food will be provided EXCEPT breakfast on Monday and lunch on Friday. We will be stopping as we travel so you may want to bring some extra money.
WHERE IS CAMP AT?
1721 Hwy 83 North
Forsyth, GA 31029
WHAT DO I BRING?
· A good attitude (expect God to show up!)
· Sleeping bag or twin sheets and a blanket
· Bible, notebook and pen
· Recreational clothes (4 days of messy games)
· Nice clothes (pants, skirts, etc.) for evening services (4 nights)
· Swimwear (girls—one piece only, guys—no Speedos!)
· Spending money (snacks and such)
WHAT ABOUT THE DRESS CODE?
Modest shorts may be worn during the day. (Your shorts will need to past the “arms by your side test”. They should reach or pass the tip of your middle finger.) Extremely tight, short, and/or revealing garments are prohibited. All campers to and from the pool must wear a robe or swimsuit cover-up. Neither campers nor personnel are allowed to wear backless or halter-type dresses or blouses, no spaghetti straps, tank tops, brief tops, or belly shirts. Shoes must be worn at camp at all times. Flip-flops are discouraged for recreational times because we will be playing games that require shoes. No shorts at the evening services. Some may want to bring one or two nice outfits (not a requirement). Modesty in all clothing is our requirement. Bring some clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
· CD Players/iPods/other listening devices
· Cell phones (parents can contact the church if needed at 770.489.5990)
· Any form of gaming system, (PSPs, DS, etc.)
· Clothing with obscene and/or off-color language.
· Because we are going to have a BLAST at camp this summer and we want everyone to be able to make friends and not be distracted by all this stuff.
· You will have the rest of your life to do these things, but you will only have this camp experience once, let’s expect great things!